Al Jalila Foundation
The Al Jalila Foundation was established in 2013 by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice-president and prime minister of the UAE, and ruler of Dubai. The UAE-based organisation supports medical treatment for individuals unable to afford quality healthcare, provides scholarships for medical students, and supports research into health challenges prevalent in the region, such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and mental health. Al Jalila Foundation is one of 33 organisations under the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives (MBRGI).
- Organisation type Foundation
- Year founded 2013
- Headquartered Dubai, UAE
- Registration United Arab Emirates
- Website https://www.aljalilafoundation.ae
- Diseases and conditions
- Musculoskeletal diseases
- Kidney diseases
- Medical specialities
- Stem cell therapy
- Organ transplantation
- Reconstructive surgery
- In-patient care
- Women and girls
- Low-income people
- United Arab Emirates
A’awenThis programme provides financial and medical assistance to UAE-based patients in need.
FarahThis programme funds lifesaving treatment and research for paediatric patients.
Majlis Al AmalThis is a drop-in centre for cancer patients and their families.
Types of funding and awards
- Cash grants
- Grants to Individuals
- Programme related investment
- Abdulkareem Sultan Al Olama, chief executive officer
- Chair, board of trustees: Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum,
- Vice-chair, board of trustees: Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor,
- Board member, Hussein Abdul Rahman Khansaheb,
- Board member, Dr Raja Easa Saleh Al Gurj,
- Board member, Abdul Ghaffar Ghloum Hussein,
- Board member, Abdul Hameed Ahmed Seddiqi